Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tip Of The Day, cheap flashlights

These little 9 led flashlights can be bought at many stores like Big Lots, Tractor Supply, and auto parts stores. They come with batteries already installed and cost about $10.

I used to pick up some of these once a month. I've got "a few" now so I don't buy them as often anymore.

These are not by any stretch of the imagination super duper tacti-cool lights. But what they ARE is a great light to have 1 each in all of your ammo cans. I don't know about you but I have all sorts of things in ammo cans here at the Secret Extremist Batcave, I even have some ammo in some of my ammo cans.
One day you might have to grab a few of these ammo cans and rush out your door. If you have to do this at night in your pajamas or other sleeping "dress" it might be very nice to have enough light to see which caliber ammo you grabbed or if you have any matches or a compass or whatever.
I also have some of these lights scattered around the house. I've heard that a pistol is what you use to fight your way to your rifle. Well these little lights allow me to get to my big 500 lumen flashlights or to my kerosene lamps in whatever situation comes up if I'm not already near a big light.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea. Something else I need to my preps. I own a ton of regular flashlights, even a couple of the tactikool things, and lanterns up the wazoo. But these little boogers really fit the bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get those little flashlights at Home Depot. I keep them all over the house, just like I do pistols. You never know when you might need one or the other or both unexpectedly. I also have a bunch of military style flashlights I got from Sportsmans Guide when they were clearing them out.

    ReplyDelete