Sunday, February 16, 2014

Kipling.......Probably not actually.

from WRSA


Kipling’s “The Wrath Of The Awakened Saxon”



THE WRATH OF THE AWAKENED SAXON

by Rudyard Kipling


It was not part of their blood,

It came to them very late,

With long arrears to make good,

When the Saxon began to hate.


They were not easily moved,

They were icy — willing to wait

Till every count should be proved,

Ere the Saxon began to hate.


Their voices were even and low.

Their eyes were level and straight.

There was neither sign nor show

When the Saxon began to hate.


It was not preached to the crowd.

It was not taught by the state.

No man spoke it aloud

When the Saxon began to hate.


It was not suddently bred.

It will not swiftly abate.

Through the chilled years ahead,

When Time shall count from the date

That the Saxon began to hate.

6 comments:

  1. I see the picture but then there's just a big blank space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, thought I had the formatting fixed, it shows up now but I still can't figure out why the white box is around it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing this for years and I still get weird effects I didn't intend. I think it just goes with the territory.

    I've never heard that before, and I'm a big Kipling fan. I expect because it's not politically correct. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a heads up. It looks like Kipling didn't write this. It's not listed in any the lists of his work I can find. However, it is closely associated with Storm Front, a far right wing nationalist outfit. I can't say for sure Kipling didn't write it, because in these politically correct days it may have been left off the list of his works because of the content. But it looks like a hoax, alas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked on net for some attribution and found the sites like you mentioned but I found 1 that wasn't like those, so I thought it was good.
      The reason I was suspicious was this is easier to read than the actual Kipling I've tried to read.
      Embarrassing.

      Delete
  5. Looks like this may be a "plagiarized" version of The Beginnings;

    http://www.poetryloverspage.com/poets/kipling/beginning.html

    ReplyDelete