Thursday, May 29, 2014

Got a New Kindle



I have had a Kindle Fire for 2 or 3 years now. It took me almost a year before I used it for anything other than internet browsing. I've always been a reader and have quite a few books here at home. So many, in fact, that I have to cull some every so often.
So it took some time to get used to having a book on a tablet. Eventually I did and now enjoy having many books available at once. I confess to often being in the process of reading several books at once. Right now the current list includes an electronics book, an algebra book, Colonel Roosevelt, We Were Soldiers Once, The Bear Went Over The Mountain, and Adams Smith's .......Wealth of Nations, not to mention several magazines that show up every month. The Kindle makes all of this possible and easy. Some books aren't even available in hard copy like Matt Bracken's Anthology. Now, there are some books that I still want copies of, the electronics and algebra books I'm reading now being examples. I can make notes in margins or save for later or pass on to somebody.
My older kindle had much less storage, wasn't great for magazines (print was too small) and did not do well too far from my router in my house.
My new Kindle is the 8.9 HDX 32g. The magazines are much easier to read, the keyboard is a regular qwerty type (I never got used to the punctuation above the keyboard on my other,) the resolution is better on videos and I'm typing this on the new K now. Blogging was something I gave up trying on the other one.
I'm very happy I decided to "upgrade." Amazon letting me buy it with 5 no interest payments doesn't hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment