Tuesday, February 11, 2014

DIY gas checks?

Do any of my many, many (lol!) readers have any experience, or know anyone, using a Freechex orCheckmaker homemade gas check maker?

This is an area of my preps I'm lacking in. I've probably got enough lead to last for more than a few years of shooting nothing but Pb. Store bought checks are outrageous so I'm looking to get some of these punches. So far everything I've read or seen on youtube has been positive.


This is the Freechex, the Checkmaker is basically the same.


This is the same guy shooting a K31 with his homemade checks.




I need 30, 30r, 8mm, 38, 41, 44, and 45. I'm debating getting a 22. If the country goes totally fubar, I don't see me casting bullets in the swap a la Mel Gibson in The Patriot. But there is the "chance" (haha!) of encroaching  bureaucratic nonsense culling the unprepared from the ranks of shooters and in that case I'll be saving my factory 22's for fubar and hunting, etc with the rest.
 I will not go quietly, fubar or encroached.
So have you or a friend used one? I'm' mainly interested in your dislikes.


3 comments:

  1. I think Pioneer Preppy does a lot of bullet casting and such. He might be up on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing valuable information. Nice post. I enjoyed reading this post. The whole blog is very nice found some good stuff and good information here Thanks..Also visit my page gas certificate

    ReplyDelete