Friday, June 13, 2014

SC requires colleges to teach Founding Documents

Liberals panties in a twist over SC requiring Constitution to be taught at college

There are several things about this article both good and bad.

First, I find no fault with requiring a school that receives tax money to teach the founding documents. Considering how mushy headed our college aged young people are today, partly because of mush headed teachers and professors, a college refresher of The Declaration of Independence, Constitution, Federalist Papers and the like could only help,.......maybe. Because I'm sure professor smarty pants will be pointing out how Ben, George, Thomas and all them cats were just old white oppressors getting rich off the suffering of others.
Second, I'm not sure I care for our Governor signing a bill because, "lawmakers spent so much time on it."  Huh?
But then she points out that the congress is micromanaging the college's boards. I mostly agree with this. Appoint the boards then get out of the way. But then they could remove the board members or the funding. Hmm, a lesson in how being in bed with the gubmint never works to your advantage.
Personally, I don't care what the gays do, unless what they are doing is rubbing the gay thing in my face. I don't care for xyz "studies" in college; women's studies, gay studies, black studies and on and on.
Culledge should be physics, chemistry, calculus, English lit, etc, etc. But then I'm crashing my way downhill through the woods headed for camp curmudgeon too.
My wife once accused me of brainwashing one of my kids after listening to me talk to him. "Of course *I* am brainwashing him. Better me than some lib-tard commie, America hating, queer recruiter, in college."

1 comment: