Thursday, March 13, 2014

Before and After

I have tried for as many years as I have had a gun safe to find an inexpensive way to store handguns and other things on the "free" space on the door.
I tried  holsters held by velcro which made the carpet like covering sag, I thought about rubber coated hooks but didn't want the holes and a few other things.
 The one thing I tried for several years was a canvas type shoe holder that hangs on the back of a door.


This wound up  being a catch all for all sorts of junk, loose ammo, magazines, flashlights, you name it. And as you can see the larger pistols were not well supported at all.
So finally, last week, I ordered a safe door organizer. In one way it does not hold near as much (the JUNK!)
but it is a much better solution I think.

I did have to make sure that the top row of pistols were all autos or small revolvers, my 357's or model 57 Smiths are too fat and hit the shelf in the safe.
It was expensive, for me. Theres probably less than $20 worth of materials in it, DUH, and a markup of x3 would seem reasonable, but it was about x7 that much. But all in all I suppose I'm happier with it now.


1 comment:

  1. That looks really good. Excellent way to get more out of your safe, as well.

    ReplyDelete