Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Where the heck have Y'all been?

Ok, where have *I* been? It has been a busy week. For one thing it was my long week at work, 4 days on 12 hr shifts. Another is that I've been losing some weight, sort of a pre American Hunger Games diet and workout program. Preparing to run, jump and kill commies as it were.


 My weight has stalled the last 2 weeks after some nice progress and being hard headed like I've been accused of I increased my aerobic exercise from an average of 13k steps a day to 30+k steps a day. All I accomplished was some very sore knees and feet that I wish felt as good as my knees.
I've been on the Atkins diet since 2-1, never more than 20 carbs, no diet drinks, no artificial sweeteners of any kind and I'm stuck at 257 pounds. I am wondering if it may be my sleep schedule, complicated by swinging shifts, but that didn't prevent my losing the first 25 pounds. But if it is sleep, or lack of, I am now a night sleeper for the next two and a half weeks, thanks to vacation time.
 If after our spring break vacation I'm still stuck, I'll modify the diet for a few weeks to try a re-kick start. Maybe try vegetarian for a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I tried similar diets for many years, but always gained it back and the only way I could lose and keep it off was to go the starvation route.

    My 206.0 To 149.4 Diet
    http://www.namsouth.com/viewtopic.php?t=715&highlight=diet

    ReplyDelete